Attention please, the ultimate vegan pancakes recipe coming your way!
You know about the pancake Sunday hashtag that’s so popular on Instagram? Well, to be honest, because of work during the weekends, I can never really find the time to make pancakes – at least not for breakfast – on Sundays. But I definitely do have them on other days because, after all, every day is a great day to make pancakes. And not just any pancakes! I’ve finally perfected a recipe for absolutely delicious, super easy and quick vegan pancakes. It only requires three main ingredients (although I’d recommend not to skip the cinnamon!) and takes no longer than 10-15 minutes in total. That’s why I called it the ultimate vegan pancakes recipe!
But aren’t pancakes kind of unhealthy? At least not healthy enough to eat them very often? Nah ah, not these babies. They only consist of oats, a banana and plant milk or water, and you make them using a non-stick pan so there’s absolutely no need for oil. It’s literally like eating oatmeal with banana in it. Do you consider that unhealthy? Especially with the added (optional) protein powder, I wouldn’t mind eating that every day at all! But I guess I still like to save pancakes for when I have a bit longer to enjoy them, unlike my smoothie bowls that I devour in just a few minutes literally each day.
So, have I convinced you yet? If not, go ahead and read the recipe below, and give these delicious vegan pancakes a try the next time you’re out of ideas for breakfast!
The ultimate vegan pancakes recipe
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 1 cup of oat flour
- 1 cup of plant milk/water
- (optional) plant-based protein powder
- fresh or (melted) frozen fruit
- nut butter
- maple syrup (basically choose your favorites, I just figured I’d give you a few ideas)
- Start by grinding oats in a blender or a food processor.
- Mash one ripe banana and add it to the now ground oats.
- Add plant milk/water, (optional) protein powder and cinnamon to the mix, and process until it reaches a smooth lump-free consistency. It should be pourable but not too liquid.
- Warm up a non-stick pan. Pour about two tablespoons of the batter onto the pan if you want to make small pancakes or three to four tablespoons if you prefer your pancakes to be a bit larger.
- Cover the pan and wait until bubbles begin to form on the surface of the pancakes. It should be about 1 to 2 minutes before you can flip them over, same for the other side.
- Use up all the batter and cover the ready pancakes to keep them warm.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!