Christmas breakfast recipes: carrot mango ginger smoothie
Let's continue the Christmas spirit with some more Christmas breakfast recipes such as this delicious and creamy smoothie! The combination of carrots, mango and ginger, especially with some added Christmas spices, makes for a great festive breakfast that's still super quick and easy to prepare. Also, have you already tried my spiced oatmeal recipe? It's too good not to make it this Christmas, you should totally give it a try!
You can choose to have this smoothie on its own or together with oatmeal or your favorite granola, topped with more fruit and other goodness. Up to you! It will change the amounts in the recipe below a bit, depending on what you decide to go for.
Carrot mango ginger smoothie recipe
- 100-150g of raw carrots, chopped
- 100-150g of mango, chopped (frozen or fresh)
- half or a whole banana, chopped
- 50-250ml of water/plant milk (depending on your preferred consistency)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of ginger
- (optional) dark chocolate chunks
- (optional) other fruit
- Put all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and pulse together. Depending on the desired consistency, add just a splash or a lot of liquids. Chopped carrots blend much easier than whole ones.
- If eating as a smoothie bowl, have it together with oatmeal or granola. Either way, as a smoothie bowl or a drinkable smoothie, top it with more fresh fruit, dark chocolate and some seeds. Enjoy!
In need of more Christmas breakfast recipes? Check out these: