Christmas breakfast recipes: spiced pancakes
Ho, ho, ho, here comes the last one of my favorite Christmas breakfast recipes, and it's a recipe for the best pancakes you've ever tasted! HONESTLY, no joke. These are cinnamon-y, soft and fluffy, and they hit just the spot!
Spiced pancakes recipe
- half a mashed banana
- 1 cup of oat flour
- 1 cup of plant milk/water
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of vanilla aroma
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- (optional) peanut butter/maple syrup
- (optional) fresh/frozen fruit and more banana to use as toppings
- Start by grinding the oats in a blender or a food processor to get oat flour.
- Mash half of the ripe banana and add it to the flour.
- Add plant milk/water, baking powder, spices and vanilla aroma to the mix, and process until it reaches a smooth lump-free consistency. It should be pourable but not too liquid. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Warm up a non-stick pan. Pour about two tablespoons of the batter onto the pan if you want to make small pancakes or three to four tablespoons if you prefer your pancakes to be a bit larger.
- Wait for about 1-2 minutes or until bubbles begin to form on the surface of the pancakes before you flip them over.
- Use up all the batter and cover the ready pancakes to keep them warm.
- Add all your favorite toppings. The pancakes taste really great when layered with banana slices. Enjoy!
- Oh, and if you missed the two previous Christmas breakfast recipe posts, they are so worth checking out. Give them some love by making them:
Other Christmas recipes: