Christmas breakfast recipes: spiced oatmeal
Since I'm not much of a Christmas person, I rarely get the urge to make Christmas-themed foods. But this year I really felt like re-creating my favorite meals and making them more festive. And you know me, I'm a breakfast lover - so I decided to share my favorite Christmas breakfast recipes with you! Here is the first one, a delicious spiced oatmeal, and two more recipes will follow soon in this series.
You can now check out the recipe for a super awesome and yummy carrot mango ginger Christmas smoothie!
Spiced oatmeal recipe
- 50-70g of oats
- half or a whole mashed ripe banana
- 80-100ml of water/plant milk
- 1tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4tsp of nutmeg
- apple slices coated with more cinnamon
- your favorite berries (I used fresh berries but frozen ones work well, too!)
- (optional) chocolate chunks
- (optional) chia pudding (chia seeds mixed with water/plant milk)
- any other toppings you want
- Put the oats, water/milk, mashed banana and spices into a pot, and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, heat up a small pan and slice the apples. Put them into the pan and sprinkle generously with cinnamon. There's no need to add any oil but do add a little bit of water so the apples don't stick to the pan. Let them simmer for a few minutes until they are soft.
- Prepare other toppings of your choice.
- When the oats are done cooking, put them into a bowl. Add the toppings and watch them melt deliciously over your oatmeal, especially the chocolate and berries (if using)! Enjoy!
* If you want to use the chia pudding, it's better to make it overnight. Simply mix 1tbps of the seeds with 3tbps of water or plank milk. The mixture needs to sit in the refrigerator for about 8 hours.
Well, how's that for a super easy Christmas breakfast? This one is an adapted version of my spiced banana oatmeal that I love to eat with warm berries - which is also a great idea for a Christmas-themed breakfast.
More Christmas breakfast recipes are coming soon, just in time for the holidays!