I know, I know, it’s the middle of the summer and who would even think of eating warm oats now? Well, bear with me because the summer here in the Netherlands can quickly go from a 35-degree heatwave to a bunch of 15-degree grey and rainy days. So for those of you having to deal with similar weather issues or living in the other hemisphere, let’s jump into this delicious and easy banana oatmeal recipe!
To be honest, it should be called spiced banana oatmeal because of the generous amounts of cinnamon that I recommend you use. It really makes the banana flavor pop and makes the oatmeal incredibly tasty and sweet.
Spiced banana oatmeal recipe
- half or a whole mashed banana
- 50-70g of oats
- 80-100ml of plant milk or water
- cinnamon (as much as you like – or can handle!)
- (optional) warmed up berries or other fruit
- (optional) plant protein powder
- toppings like nut butter, dark chocolate, nuts
- Put the oats, water/milk, mashed banana and cinnamon into a pan, and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, warm up frozen or fresh berries so they become runny.
- Prepare other toppings of your choice.
- When the oats are done cooking, put them into a bowl. Mix in the protein powder if using. Add the toppings and watch them melt deliciously over your oatmeal, especially the chocolate and berries! Enjoy!
Didn’t I tell you it was a simple recipe? I get asked a lot about how I prepare my meals and the answer is always that it’s super simple and easy, and anyone can do the same because I’m actually not a very good cook! So let me know if you gave this a try and definitely share your results!